St Mary’s College (Derry) selected as a 2014-2015 Microsoft Showcase School
St Mary’s College (Derry) recognized as a global leader in successful integrations of technology with teaching and learningDerry, Northern Ireland – 6 November 2014 – St Mary’s College was selected by Microsoft as a 2014-2015 Microsoft Showcase School for its excellence in transforming its learning environment to deliver more personalized education to students, using mobile and cloud technology to better prepare students for success in the workplace. St Mary’s College joins an exclusive community of over 150 premier schools from around the world, recognized to celebrate their truly pioneering efforts and innovation in rethinking teaching, learning and assessment in order to drive deep 21st century competencies. “The school has moved to a process of normalization of digital technologies where we have 1:1 Computing for personalized learning. We have also developed a digital curriculum to promote our pupils gaming and coding skills. Our partnership with Microsoft has helped promote and support this initiative.” said Mrs Lena McMorrow, Vice Principal. “Being selected as a Microsoft Showcase School is an amazing honor and recognition of the passion our teachers and staff have for creating the best learning environments possible,” said Mrs Marie Lindsay, Principal at St Mary’s College. “We look forward to sharing our experiences with other schools in our community and the world to continue finding innovative ways to equip our students with the proper tools needed for success inside and outside of the classroom.” As a Showcase School, St Mary’s College will work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education and communicate a vision for education enabled by technology through the hosting and mentoring of other schools in the community on transformational educational practices. As well as being awarded Microsoft Showcase status, two of St Mary’s College teachers have been selected as Global Microsoft Expert Educators – Mrs Roisin Rice and Mr Jarlath McGill. As Microsoft Expert Educators, these teachers will be involved in a range of exciting activities throughout the coming year;
- Free Microsoft tools and technology
- Exclusive professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to develop your personal “brand” and career as a thought leader by participating in case studies, speaking engagements and content development
- Eligibility to earn an all-expense paid trip to the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Redmond, Washington in April 2015.
- Collaboration with an international group of thought leaders
- Complimentary Microsoft IT Academy membership
- Eligibility to have at least two High School Student Ambassadors (secondary/high schools only)
- Access to professional development for Educators within their school
- Invitations to Regional Global Forums and BETT (London or Singapore)
- Monthly community webinars and Yammer group discussion, exclusive to Showcase Schools
- Email signature and welcome kit
###Press Contact: Mrs Lena McMorrow, Vice Principal – Tel: 028 71376709 Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.