In Year 11 most pupils now complete a course called Level 2 Preparation for Adult Life. It is a vocational LLW qualification and the successful completion of this course is the equivalent to a grade B at GCSE. Pupils will complete 13 units of work, which cover the 3 strands of LLW - Local and Global Citizenship, Employability and Personal Development.
The units of work are as follows:
• Unit 1: Diversity and Social Inclusion
• Unit 2: Democracy and Democratic Participation
• Unit 3: Human Rights and Social Responsibility
• Unit 4: Equality and Social Justice
• Unit 5: Preparation for Work
• Unit 6: Business in the Community
• Unit 7: Effective Work Practice
• Unit 8: Globalisation and the Labour Market
Personal and Social Development
• Unit 9: Self-Development
• Unit 10: Roles and Responsibilities of Parents
• Unit 11: Healthy Relationships
• Unit 12: Maintaining Personal Health and Well-Being
• Unit 13: Effective Financial Management
Head of Department - Miss Michelle Curran
Miss Marie Curran
Mrs Heather McGee
Mr Sean McBride
Mrs Caroline Rogan
Miss Karen Sweeney
In Year 10 all pupils are introduced to Preparation for Adult Life. All Year 10 pupils undertake one Citizenship, Employability and Personal Development unit of work during their Learning for Life and Work lessons.
We currently have four classes taking Level 2 Preparation for Adult Life and the qualification is set to be awarded in Summer 2021.