Our Management of Partnerships with Industry
Employers are one of our key partners. Through partnership with industry we wish to ensure that we maximise our pupils’ opportunities to experience:
a rich vocabulary contextualised curriculum
quality advice, guidance and motivation for future career paths
Ownership of Partnership
Mrs L McMorrow
Communication Channels with Industrialists
- Letters, phone, fax, email
- Induction breakfast seminars
- Mentorship meetings
- Attendance at SEC Board meetings
- Attendance at FLC Board meetings
- End of year events
General Areas for Partnership Activities
- Structured weekly vocational placements for pupils.
- Block placements in industry twice yearly.
- Mentor advice and support in classroom.
- Assistance in production of good practice manual.
- Adopt a Classroom
- Teacher insight into industry placements
- Direct ICT employer-school recruitment meetings.
- ICT conferences
- Video conferences
Click here for a list of our partnerships
Partnerships with the local Business Community
We involve local business as follows:
Providing advice and guidance in the use of quality models e.g.Charter Mark, Investors in People, EFQM Model
Delivering careers’ programmes
Involving business in the delivery of vocational courses
We hold "Back to School" days for local business