Our P.F.T.A. is an organisation of Parents, Friends and Teachers of St Mary's College. The role of this organisation is to encourage closer links/relationships between home and school, giving your daughter the best possible education. It is important for St Mary's College to facilitate parental participation throughout the school. The P.F.T.A. includes parents/guardians from daughters within the school Year 8 - Year 14, past/present members of St Mary's Staff, 2 Vice-Principals and Principal. The association aims to meet 6 times throughout the academic year - all new members are welcome to get involved!
The aim of the P.F.T.A. is to work close together to improve our School Policies, Key Events, Teaching, Learning, Transition, Communication and much more! It's important to keep in mind our Key School Priorities:-
- Building Community - Developing Catholic Ethos
- Happy, Safe School
- Raising Standards
- Improving Quality of Provision
- Leadership, Management & Continuous Professional Development
- Self-Sustaining School
The association will meet every 5-6 weeks - 6 meetings per academic year; Monday - 5:00-5:30pm; Members of the P.F.T.A. will work with a team in St Mary's College to develop a P.F.T.A. Forum, available for parents who are unable to attend meetings but are willing to contribute to discussions and share their views with us on important matters.
Proposed Dates for Meetings: 2017/2018
- Meeting 1 - Monday 2nd October 2017
- Meeting 2 - Monday 13th November 2017
- Meeting 3 - Monday 22nd January 2018
- Meeting 4 - Monday 26th February 2018
- Meeting 5 - Monday 16th April 2018
- Meeting 6 - Monday 21st May 2018