If you have trouble finding relevant resources please ask for assistance from either the Librarian. If we do not have the resource you are looking for, let the librarian know.
The Reference Section at the left side of the library contains sets of general encyclopaedias, single volume encyclopaedias and dictionaries. There are also general interest books e.g. Guinness Book of Records, The Everything Trivia Book, Northern Ireland Yearbook etc.
Magazines are located in the front of the librarian's desks, these must be only read in the Library.
Issues Section (on stand under the window) contains useful resources for preparing debates and the PSE curriculum. This section also contains information/ advice on PSHE and useful resources for Health and Social Care.
Fiction Books are located on windowsills and carousels by the windows.
Books: 2 weeks
Please return all resources by the date expected– or ask the librarian to extend the loan period.
The school library is open to all
pupils at the following times:
- From 8.30 – 8.50
- After school until 5.00 (except Friday)
- Be quiet and considerate
- Handle all library resources with care
- Return library resources on time
- Reference books and magazines are to be read in the library, they may not be borrowed
- You may drink bottled water but no other drink/ food is to be consumed or left out on the desks
- You may not use personal stereos/MP3s in the Library
I’ve travelled the world twice over,
met the famous : saints and sinners,
Poets and artists, kings and queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I’ve been where no-one’s been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks,
All with my one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books.
There are six computers available to use throughout the school day. These can be used for both class and personal use, in accordance with the Internet rules of the school.
- Due to the high demand for usage you must sign-in at the issue desk before using the computers.
- Priority will be given to pupils who do not have ICT facilities available at home.
- All computers are linked to the C2k network and have a wide variety of software titles installed. If you have problems accessing software or websites ask the Librarian for assistance.
- 6th years must have a permission slip from a teacher/ 6th form supervisor for each lesson they intend to use the Library.
If you cannot find what you need or want just ASK!